The third house is the 3rd house from ascendant when counted anti-clockwise. If the master of 3rd house is present in exaltation or in own house, specially if in center (1,4,7,10) or in trine (1,5,9), it will give native good results. The 3rd house is also called the Parakram Sthan (the house of might, valor and audacity). The strength of this house indicates how much can a native work hard and how much can he get results out of his hard work.
The 3rd house mostly signifies the following:
1. Might, valor, audacity; risk-taking, courage attitude leading to self-esteem!
2. Younger brothers and sisters
3. Short journeys
4. Adventures that a person undertakes
5. Foreign visits
6. Ears (right ear), throat, neck, shoulders, upper limbs, mental stability, collar bones
7. Dreams, physical fitness, physical growth
During the dasa, antardasa of the Lord of 3rd house, you will see the above significations of 3rd house, taking prominence in your life. Presence of Sun and/or Mars in this house is considered extremely lucky. The native will win in lawsuits of any sort, if they are present in this house. If the ascendant lord is present in 3rd house, the native will be fearless as a tiger. If Saturn is present, the native will fear from the unknown.